Sunday, May 8, 2011

Apple Revisited

Last fall I drew this apple (unknown variety) in colored pencil. While looking for work to print for an uncoming show at Quailcrest Farm I decided to add a blossom to the picture. Sounded good to me, the only problem was that this year was apparently not the year for apples in our orchard. Last year we had a bumper crop so I thought maybe they were taking the year off. As a result, there were no blossoms to be seen! I checked each day with the same result...no flowers. But this past week as I was walking by I saw one blossom on the right tree. No others. I quickly snipped the branch, brought it inside, set it in a vase of water and finished my drawing. While working with nature it's always a challenge but I love it's happy surprises.

1 comment:

  1. Love this beautiful piece Cheryl - glad to see you finished it x

    ReplyDelete